Editing News #1—2017[rediger]
Les dette på et annet språk • Abonnementsliste for dette flerspråklige nyhetsbrevet.
Visste du at?
Visste du at du kan se gjennom endringene dine med VisualEditor?
Når du er ferdig med å redigere siden, skriv inn redigeringsforklaringen din og trykk «Gjennomgå endringene dine».
I VisualEditor kan du se tillegg og fjerning av tekst og nye lenker med uthevet tekst. Andre endringer, som for eksempel endring av bildestørrelser, beskrives i utdypende noter i siden.
Klikk på knappen for å bytte mellom visningsmodusene.
Wikitekstdiffenverktøyet er det samme som brukes i wikitekstredigering og i sidehistorikken. Du kan lese og hjelpe til å oversette brukerveiledningen, som har mer informasjon om bruk av VisualEditor.
Siden det forrige nyhetsbrevet ble gitt ut, har VisualEditor-teamet brukt mesteparten av tiden sin på å arbeide med den nye wikitekstredigeringsmodusen, som kan aktiveres som en betafunksjon. De har også arbeidet med det nye diffverktøyet, som viser endringer visuelt. Arbeidstavlen deres er tilgjengelig på Phabricator. Du kan finne lenker til lister over fullført arbeid i hver uke på mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Før øyeblikket prioriterer de å fikse bugs, utvikle den nye wikitextredigeringsmodusen som betafunksjon og forbedre de visuelle diffene.
- En ny wikitekstredigeringsmodus er tilgjengelig som betafunksjon for skrivebordsmaskiner. 2017-redigeringsverktøyet har samme verktøylinje som VisualEditor og kan derfor bruke Citoid og en del andre nyttige verktøy. Skru den på i betafunksjonene dine.
- A new visual diff tool is available in VisualEditor's visual mode. You can toggle between wikitext and visual diffs. More features will be added to this later. In the future, this tool may be integrated into other MediaWiki components. 
- The team have added multi-column support for lists of footnotes. The
<references /> block can automatically display long lists of references in columns on wide screens. This makes footnotes easier to read. You can request multi-column support for your wiki. 
- The way to switch between the visual editing mode and the wikitext editing mode is now consistent. There is a drop-down menu that shows the two options. This is now the same in desktop and mobile web editing, and inside things that embed editing, such as Flow. 
- The Kategorier item has been moved to the top of the Sideinnstillinger menu (from clicking on the "hamburger" icon) for quicker access.  There is also now a "Templates used on this page" feature there. 
- You can now create
<chem> tags (sometimes used as
<ce>) for chemical formulas inside the visual editor. 
- Tables can be set as collapsed or un-collapsed. 
- The Spesialtegn menu now includes characters for Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics and angle quotation marks (‹› and ⟨⟩) . The team thanks the volunteer developer, Tpt. 
- A bug caused some section edit conflicts to blank the rest of the page. This has been fixed. The team are sorry for the disruption. 
- There is a new keyboard shortcut for citations:
K on a PC, or
K on a Mac. It is based on the keyboard shortcut for making links, which is
K respectively. 
- The team is working on a syntax highlighting tool. It will highlight matching pairs of
<ref> tags and other types of wikitext syntax. You will be able to turn it on and off. It will first become available in VisualEditor's built-in wikitext mode, maybe late in 2017. 
- The kind of button used to Forhåndsvisning, Vis endringer, and finish an edit will change in all WMF-supported wikitext editors. The new buttons will use OOjs UI. The buttons will be larger, brighter, and easier to read. The labels will remain the same. You can test the new button by editing a page and adding
&ooui=1 to the end of the URL, like this: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Sandbox?action=edit&ooui=1 The old appearance will no longer be possible, even with local CSS changes. 
- The outdated 2006 wikitext editor will be removed later this year. It is used by approximately 0.03% of active editors. See a list of editing tools on mediawiki.org if you are uncertain which one you use. 
- If you aren't reading this in your preferred language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the Translators mailing list or contact us directly, so that we can notify you when the next issue is ready. Takk!
12. mai 2017 kl. 20:05 (CEST)
RevisionSlider Birgit Müller (WMDE)
will be available as a default feature for all users on all wikis from May 17. The RevisionSlider adds a slider view to the diff page so that you can easily move between revisions. The slider view is collapsed by default, and will load by clicking on it. It can also be turned off entirely in the user preferences. RevisionSlider has been a default feature on German, Arabic and Hebrew Wikipedia for 6 months and a beta feature on all wikis for 8 months. The feature fulfills a wish from the German Community’s Technical Wishlist
. Thanks to everyone who tested RevisionSlider and gave valuable feedback to improve the feature! We hope that RevisionSlider will continue to serve you well in your work.
16. mai 2017 kl. 16:44 (CEST)
- Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki
The Wikimedia movement strategy core team and working groups have completed reviewing the more than 1800 thematic statements we received from the first discussion. They have identified 5 themes that were consistent across all the conversations - each with their own set of sub-themes. These are not the final themes, just an initial working draft of the core concepts.
You are invited to join the online and offline discussions taking place on these 5 themes. This round of discussions will take place between now and June 12th. You can discuss as many as you like; we ask you to participate in the ones that are most (or least) important to you.
Here are the five themes, each has a page on Meta-Wiki with more information about the theme and how to participate in that theme's discussion:
On the movement strategy portal on Meta-Wiki, you can find more information about each of these themes, their discussions, and how to participate.
Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation • Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk • Get help
16. mai 2017 kl. 23:09 (CEST)
- Translations of this message are available on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, we are pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee and Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson elections. Please read the letter from the Wikimedia Foundation calling for candidates at on the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation elections portal.
Funds Dissemination Committee
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson
The Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase will last until May 28 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates until May 28. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki. Once the questions submission period has ended on May 28, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to.
The goal of this process is to fill the five community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee and the community-selected ombudsperson. The election results will be used by the Board itself to make the appointments.
The full schedule for the FDC elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- May 15 (00:00 UTC) – May 28 (23:59 UTC) – Nominations
- May 15 – May 28 – Candidates questions submission period
- May 29 – June 2 – Candidates answer questions
- June 3 – June 11 – Voting period
- June 12–14 – Vote checking
- June 15 – Goal date for announcing election results
More information on this year's elections can be found at the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation elections portal.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.
On behalf of the Election Committee,
Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery • Translate • Get help
Katie Chan, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Joe Sutherland, Community Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation
23. mai 2017 kl. 23:06 (CEST)
The MediaWiki developers have been slowly improving the accessibility of the user interface. The next step in this transition will change the appearance of some buttons and may break some outdated (non-updated or unmaintained) user scripts and gadgets.
You can see and use the old and new versions now. Most editors will only notice that some buttons are slightly larger and have different colors.
- Comparison of old and new styles
Buttons before the change
However, this change also affects some user scripts and gadgets. Unfortunately, some of them may not work well in the new system. If you maintain any user scripts or gadgets that are used for editing, please see mw:Contributors/Projects/Accessible editing buttons for information on how to test and fix your scripts. Outdated scripts can be tested and fixed now.
This change will probably reach this wiki on Tuesday, 1 August 2017
. Please leave a note at mw:Talk:Contributors/Projects/Accessible editing buttons
if you need help.
) 27. jul. 2017 kl. 18:56 (CEST)
Changes to the global ban policy[rediger]
Hello. Some changes to the community global ban policy
have been proposed. Your comments are welcome at m:Requests for comment/Improvement of global ban policy
. Please translate this message to your language, if needed. Cordially. Matiia
) 12. nov. 2017 kl. 01:34 (CET)
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[rediger]
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
The Readers web team will be deploying a new feature this week to make it easier to download PDF versions of articles on the mobile website.
Providing better offline functionality was one of the highlighted areas from the research done by the New Readers team in Mexico, Nigeria, and India. The teams created a prototype for mobile PDFs which was evaluated by user research and community feedback. The prototype evaluation received positive feedback and results, so development continued.
For the initial deployment, the feature will be available to Google Chrome browsers on Android. Support for other mobile browsers to come in the future. For Chrome, the feature will use the native Android print functionality. Users can choose to download a webpage as a PDF. Mobile print styles will be used for these PDFs to ensure optimal readability for smaller screens.
The feature is available starting Wednesday, Nov 15. For more information, see the project page on MediaWiki.org.
) 20. nov. 2017 kl. 23:07 (CET)
Editing News #1—2018[rediger]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can now use the visual diff tool on any page?
Sometimes, it is hard to see important changes in a wikitext diff. This screenshot of a wikitext diff (click to enlarge) shows that the paragraphs have been rearranged, but it does not highlight the removal of a word or the addition of a new sentence.
If you enable the Beta Feature for "Visuelle forskjeller", you will have a new option. It will give you a new box at the top of every diff page. This box will let you choose either diff system on any edit.
Click the toggle button to switch between visual and wikitext diffs.
In the visual diff, additions, removals, new links, and formatting changes will be highlighted. Other changes, such as changing the size of an image, are described in notes on the side.
This screenshot shows the same edit as the wikitext diff. The visual diff highlights the removal of one word and the addition of a new sentence.
You can read and help translate the user guide, which has more information about how to use the visual editor.
Since the last newsletter, the Editing Team has spent most of their time supporting the 2017 wikitext editor mode, which is available inside the visual editor as a Beta Feature, and improving the visual diff tool. Their work board is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, supporting the 2017 wikitext editor, and improving the visual diff tool.
- The 2017 wikitext editor is available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices. It has the same toolbar as the visual editor and can use the citoid service and other modern tools. The team have been comparing the performance of different editing environments. They have studied how long it takes to open the page and start typing. The study uses data for more than one million edits during December and January. Some changes have been made to improve the speed of the 2017 wikitext editor and the visual editor. Recently, the 2017 wikitext editor opened fastest for most edits, and the 2010 WikiEditor was fastest for some edits. More information will be posted at mw:Contributors/Projects/Editing performance.
- The visual diff tool was developed for the visual editor. It is now available to all users of the visual editor and the 2017 wikitext editor. When you review your changes, you can toggle between wikitext and visual diffs. You can also enable the new Beta Feature for "Visual diffs". The Beta Feature lets you use the visual diff tool to view other people's edits on page histories and Special:RecentChanges. 
- Wikitext syntax highlighting is available as a Beta Feature for both the 2017 wikitext editor and the 2010 wikitext editor. 
- The citoid service automatically translates URLs, DOIs, ISBNs, and PubMed id numbers into wikitext citation templates. It is very popular and useful to editors, although it can be a bit tricky to set up. Your wiki can have this service. Please read the instructions. You can ask the team to help you enable citoid at your wiki.
Let's work together[rediger]
2. mar. 2018 kl. 21:56 (CET)
Birgit Müller (WMDE)
From May 8, AdvancedSearch
will be available as a beta feature
in your wiki. The feature enhances the search page
through an advanced parameters form and aims to make existing search options
more visible and accessible for everyone. AdvancedSearch is a project by WMDE Technical Wishes
. Everyone is invited to test the feature and we hope that it will serve you well in your work!
7. mai 2018 kl. 16:54 (CEST)
Global preferences are available[rediger]
10. jul. 2018 kl. 21:19 (CEST)